Saturday, October 24, 2009

Dimensionality

Dimensionality is created from three different layers of sheers overlapped. I used a photograph that I had taken of a mosque in Egypt, near the Citadel. I cut out the main design into a linoleum block and printed it, then carved out more details and printed it again in a different color on a different layer, and finally carved out even more detail and then printed one more layer in a different color. I aligned the sheer layers and framed them so that it can be viewed from both the front and the back.

This piece was shown at the Massillon Museum's Stark County Artists Exhibit and in my two-person show entitled Sheer Obscurity, at The Little Art Gallery in North Canton, OH.


Size: (h x w) 16" x 13"
Media: Fibers
AVAILABLE

No comments:

Post a Comment