Saturday, February 13, 2010

Trepidation

Trepidation is captured with a foreboding angle of the Sacre-Coeur Basilica in Paris with its wrought iron fence and looming height. The title came to me immediately when I started working with this image that I had taken in France a few years ago. It illuminated a feeling of unease and intimidation. To further reinforce this feeling, I overlayed a photo of trees I had taken in Michigan. Not only do I love the beauty and metaphoric imagery of trees in my own work, they also have great religious symbolism, representing the Tree of Life, central to Adam & Eve's 'Fall,' and as a symbol foreshadowing Christ's crucifixion. For this reason I placed a tree in the entryway to echo its importance and centrality.

This piece was part of 2nd April galerie's Fibernation show and was also exhibited at the Fiber577 invitational show and the Angelwood Gallery.

Size: (h x w) 14" x 11"
Media: Fibers
AVAILABLE

No comments:

Post a Comment