Thursday, March 18, 2010

My contribution to the 28 Variations Show at Anderson Creative

This was such a fun experience! Please see previous post for a summary of the show's concept. Basically, I could see only 6" of the piece before mine, it had red painted circles with graphite circles around them (You can see it if you look at the photo from the previous post). I needed to created a piece that somehow tied in with it. I chose to go with this image of a wrought iron fence because I felt like the circle within a circle echoed the image in the piece created before mine. I also like how it conceptually created a boundary, just as the graphite circle did in the painting before mine.

I had a great time creating this piece. It is 3 feet x 3 feet and is created with a phototransfers of one of my photos with conte crayon, pastel, and graphite.

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment