Monday, October 10, 2011

Strata


I find layers of history fascinating, each stratum a witness to a different time in the same place. It is no surprise, then, that I like to use layering in my work, it offers me the opportunity to create simultaneous juxtapositions. Strata is created by layering an image from an ornate archway inside the Vatican Museum in Rome with an image of columns from Pompeii. The ornate present with the ruins of the past.

This piece was in my Impressions of Italy show ans is currently on exhibit in Michele Waalkes ARTS, which is located on the main floor of 2nd April galerie and Studios at 324 Cleveland Ave. NW, Canton, OH 44702. Hours are Tuesday- Saturday 10am - 6pm.

Size: (h x w) 16" x 20"
Media: Original digital print on stretched canvas
AVAILABLE

No comments:

Post a Comment