Saturday, July 12, 2014

Almost



This piece is from my two-person Tangled Memories exhibit.  The exhibit explored my experiences with my Dad's Early-Onset Alzheimer's. (He was diagnosed in his early 50's, when I was still a teenager, and died in 2000 at the age of 65).


Almost

As my Dad was building a birdhouse and he asked me to hand him "that thing you use to pound nails in." My Dad, who had taught me how to use a hammer, could simply not find its name. Yet he had learned how to take the long way of getting there, taking alternate routes through his brain.

This piece is how I envision that experience, those times of knowing what something is but not quite being able to access it. It is like squinting through a haze or taking a long drive through the country. The scenic route.

Size: (h x w) 17" x 21"
Media: Digital photograph
AVAILABLE

No comments:

Post a Comment