Saturday, July 12, 2014

Infinite Loop


This piece is from my two-person Tangled Memories exhibit.  The exhibit explored my experiences with my Dad's Early-Onset Alzheimer's. (He was diagnosed in his early 50's, when I was still a teenager, and died in 2000 at the age of 65).


Infinite Loop

My Dad used Post-It notes as a coping mechanism when he was still trying to function at work. He would use them to try to remember just about anything, including to check another Post-it note. Conscious of his need for reminders, he wallpapered his office wall and covered his desk and floor with Post-its. He was desperately trying to keep things together, to compensate, to order the confusion. Toward the end of his attempt to maintain his job his writing on the notes did not form coherent words anymore as they morphed into scribbles.

Size: (h x w) 20" x 20"
Media: Digital composition on canvas
SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment