Saturday, July 12, 2014

Tangled Memories




This piece is from my two-person Tangled Memories exhibit.  The exhibit explored my experiences with my Dad's Early-Onset Alzheimer's. (He was diagnosed in his early 50's, when I was still a teenager, and died in 2000 at the age of 65).


Tangled Memories Sculpture & Detail Photograph

This piece contains images of family photos that have been printed on sheer fabric. I cut them in strips, leaving none of the images intact. These tangles of memories have been placed into a vessel, atrophied and opaque. It is symbolic of Alzheimer's-- a snarl of dead ends and detours within a shrinking vessel of obscurity.

Sculpture
Size: (h x w x d) 6" x 10" x 10"
Media: Fibers
AVAILABLE

Framed detail photo
Size: (h x w) 14" x 14"
Media: Digital photograph
AVAILABLE


No comments:

Post a Comment